Pageviews

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Group Work

Video: http://www.hulu.com/watch/486883#i0,p0,d0
Other members of group:
John T.: http://johntemmingmedia.blogspot.com
Nick Y.: http://nickyak311.blogspot.com

The show we were assigned followed the lives of 4 couples right at the start of their marriage together. It is an interesting concept when the viewer's attention is brought to the fact that these marriages might not actually still hold at the end of the television show. I think that it is an interesting perspective on marriage and how people base their decisions on each other and themselves. There were many different cultures represented in the show, most not stereotypically, but some were.

As a group I found that we agreed on most topics. We arranged contact through email. Unfortunately I was only able to submit my initial response before the deadline for the assignment. In reading John and Nick's thoughts I found that I agreed with much of the topics and we found a central agreement, for example there was a specific group that was quite stereotypical and we all spotted that. We didn't really find the need to argue on any subject, I think we saw each others perspectives quite clearly. As a whole I found this show to better than what I thought it would be when I first clicked the link. It has broadened my perspective on couples and their interactions.

1 comment:

  1. The problem with this show, was that it just seemed so shallow (like most reality TV). I couldn't relate or bring myself to even like any of the couples, because it all seemed forced and contrived, not real at all. They all seemed too self-abosred in front of the cameras.

    ReplyDelete